We’re happy to announce that The BTQ Blog received a Liebster Award from self-proclaimed beauty addict Kristy – check out her blog It’s a blondiie thing!
The Liebster Awards have been around for a while now and the rules have changed a little over time, so here’s a brief explanation of what it’s all about.
If your blog is nominated for a Liebster Award, there’s thing you have to do (if you so choose):
1) Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog in your Liebster post,
2) Share 11 random facts about yourself,
3) Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you,
4) Nominate 11 blogs with under 200 followers, and
5) Come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
Here are our beauty-in-chief Lisa’s answers!
1) I have 3 tattoos – all in white
2) Touch screens are my enemy – I need actual keys on a keyboard and hate touching my screen
3) I was 25 when I had my first & only (!!!) manicure
4) I grow my own tomatoes, strawberries, and variety of other fruits on my balcony
5) I eat burgers upside down (which means I hold the burger upside down and am not, in fact, hanging upside down myself…) – I find that it’s easier to hold & eat that way
6) I suffered burns as a child – the scars of which are only visible now if my skin is dry or if I point it out
7) Pineapples & palm trees make me really happy for some reason
8) I have a penchant for all things Scandinavian – especially Danish singer Medina
9) My mum is my beauty inspiration
10) I really like to fold laundry
11) I have an extensive shoe collection of predominantly black pumps and booties, but often end up wearing sneakers or slip on plimsolls
1) What made you start your blog?
I’ve learned a lot about beauty in the last few years and have picked up tons of products from all over the world on my travels – as have my friends – so The BTQ Blog is our way of sharing our tips&tricks with others in the Blogosphere and beyond
2) How would you describe yourself in three words?
Chaotic, beauty aficionado
3) What’s your can’t live without makeup product?
Mascara, concealer, and bronzer – I look pale & sick without those, but if I have to pick one: mascara
4) What’s your can’t live without beauty product (anything bar makeup)?
Moisturizer, hands down
5) What’s your summer lip colour?
I’ve been looking for the perfect reddish coral lipstick for three years now, but can’t seem to find The One. So for now, it’s either just a lip balm during the day (especially on the beach as I tend to end up with lipstick smudges on my chin) or a bright red lipstick for going out – you can’t go wrong with red lips
6) What’s your favourite type of blush, cream or powder?
I have 2 favourites – both matte bronzers: the Balm‘s Bahama Mama and Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer by Too Faced
7) Whose your top 3 bloggers?
There’s just so many & it really depends on my mood… The first ever blogs I read and subsequently inspired me to blog are Angelica Blick’s eponymous blog, afterDRK by Sabrina & Andy’s Style Scrapbook
8) What’s your favourite makeup brand?
Hmm, this is a really tough one… I have a favourite brand per product: my favourite mascara is from Kiko Cosmetics, my favourite foundation is from Catrice, I have 2 favourite bronzers (see question 6), so it’s impossible to pick just one favourite 🙂
9) What’s your favourite animal?
When I was younger, my favourite animals were cows – now it’s cats & flamingos
10) What’s your favourite thing to do besides blogging?
I like doing A LOT of things 🙂 I like to read, shop, swim, hang out with my friends/BF… the list goes on and on ;D
11) Lastly, what’s your favourite TV show?
I absolutely love Made In Chelsea
1) A Casual Beauty by Christina & Amanda
2) Ann’s Blog by Ann
3) BeautyLit by Beauty x Lit
4) Beauty Sins by Nancy Dinh
5) Behind The Price Tag by Keari Huxtable
6) Fiona Sopp Makeup by Fiona Sopp
7) Ikonik Beauty by Leonie
8) Lemons Are Sweet by Sheeva Marie
9) Muekalia Beauty Department by Maria Muekalia
10) The Beauty Locker by Bee
11) Vickie Loves by Vickie
1) What/who inspired you to start blogging?
2) Who is your style crush and/or beauty inspiration?
3) If you could only use 3 products for the rest of your life, which would they be?
4) What is your favourite beauty product or item of clothing?
5) In the movie adaptation of your life, who would play you – and why?
6) What is your worst fashion/beauty blunder?
7) Growing up, what did you want to be?
8) What is your favourite colour?
9) If you could be anyone else for a day, who would it be?
10) What is your favourite song?
11) What is your favourite food?
Thanks again Kristy from It’s a blondiie thing! for nominating The BTQ Blog!